There have been several additions and updates to the theme. I thought it would be useful to describe them here and demonstrate some examples. Among other additions here's the ones I'll cover here:
- New extended table shortcode
- New homepage templates
- Button hover effects
- Review page hero
- Terms and conditions
For more information check out the theme documentation.
New Extended Table Block/Shortcode
Since version 1.0.4, new Extended Reviews Table block is available. It offers an extended view of the reviews table with wider rows and structure. To use it you need to add the block, select the reviews as you'd do with the general reviews table or grid blocks, as well as select the terms and conditions option.
The small content below the bonus is auto-populated according to what you select as "Display terms" option.
- No Terms – in this case "Features" field from Review page will be displayed as the content and there will be no terms
- Short Terms – in this case "Terms and Conditions Short" field from Review page will be displayed as the content
- Long Terms – in this case "Terms and Conditions" field from Review page will be displayed as the content
- Load terms via AJAX – in this case "Features" field from Review page will be displayed as the content and a link to display terms and conditions by loading them via AJAX request
New Homepage Templates
2 new page templates are now available, since version 1.0.3, for Akurai front pages - when you use a single page to display as the homepage. The templates are similar in sense that both of them add a new section above the content area - a Hero. The template names are:
- Homepage Hero Template
- Homepage Full Screen Hero Template
The first difference between the 2 templates is that the full screen one covers the whole top section of the screen and the first one gives you an option to adjust the height of the Hero section. The other difference is their contents, they offer different content sections. Below are some image of what you can achieve with these templates.
Homepage Hero Template
Homepage Full Screen Hero Template
Button Hover Effects
Since version 1.0.4, there are 5 different button hover effects available and you can choose different effects for different buttons such as shortcode buttons, widget buttons, review page buttons. You can find the settings in Theme Customizer Button Options. Here's what they look like:
Review Page Hero
2 new customization options are now available, since version 1.0.3, for Review page Heros.
- You can choose to display the Hero content in one or two columns
- You can choose to display the page heading (H1 tag) above or below the Hero
Terms and Conditions
There have been 3 options for displaying terms and conditions in shortcodes before: long terms, short terms and no terms. Now there's a new option - load terms via AJAX - which as the name says, loads the terms and conditions text content via an AJAX request only when a user clicks the link. This helps with SEO efforts as if you have several shortcodes on a page and a lot of reviews in them, the terms content won't be available in the page HTML and won't be indexed by search engine bots. Otherwise, in such cases the page content mostly would be terms and conditions.